Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Devil's Food Chocolate Cake: How to be a Cake Genius

On Mother's Day I posted a Mother's Day Sunbeam Mixmaster Ad and recipe for Chocolate Cake. The Mother in that Retro advertisement looked more like my grandmother. It got me searching, and I found this Sunbeam Mixmaster Pamplet from May 28, 1945 (below) with a recipe for Mix Easy Devil's Food Chocolate Cake. The woman in the pamphlet looks more like my Mother. Don't you think? (see photo below)

And, since today is National Devil's Food Cake Day, this Sunbeam Mixmaster recipe is perfect! This handy dandy little cake pamphlet has a great cover -- How to be a Cake Genius with your Sunbeam Mixmaster. Pretty fabulous, don't you think?

So here's a great recipe for Devil's Food Chocolate Cake.

May 28, 1945

My Mother c. 1942



No comments: