Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

How to Make A Chocolate Book

I love these edible chocolate books so much that I posted a link to Hungry Happenings on my Mystery Fanfare blog. Yes, books and chocolate are two of my main passions. I think this post serves this site well, too.

Check out Hungry Happenings  for a great recipe for creating edible books with fruit leather and honey-scented white modeling chocolate–"the perfect treat for your book party."

Note: If you haven't made modeling chocolate before or haven't melted chocolate, you should read Hungry Happenings' chocolate making tutorial. All brands of white chocolate or white candy melts have varying amounts of cocoa butter or oil, so the recipe is just a guide. You may need to add more or possibly less honey. She used Peters White Caps which are similar to Merckens Super White Coatings or Wilton White Candy Melts. 


Photo: Hungry Happenings

3 comments:

Gloria Baker said...

beautiful! gloria

Anonymous said...

Now, this is literature I could really sink my teeth into and savor the delicious concepts.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

How interesting! Two of my favorites things all in one, but if I ate the one, I'd lose the other.