Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Mom! Peppermint Cake Vintage Ad

Today would have been been my mother and dad's anniversary. She and my Dad were married for over 60 years, and they had a wonderful life together. My father passed away a few years ago, but during their marriage their love grew in spite of the long separation during WWII, personal tragedies, career changes and so much more. They always had the support of their extended families and the love of their children. So here's a cake for you, Mom! Happy Anniversary.



If this Vintage Baker's Cake Ad looks familiar, it's because I've posted it before (recipe here). The original ad (see below) is part of a Baker's "Chocolate Peppermint Cake Rang Wedding Bells for Janet" vintage ad. I think that's just perfect for today since it combines Wedding, Janet (me--although I came much later)... it tells us story. Gotta love these Baker Ads. Photo below is of my parents.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks fabulous!

Bobbi Mumm said...

What a nice tribute to your parents' marriage! And the vintage ad is wonderful. Janet, just looking at the frosting reminded me of the old hand mixers that turned by a crank handle on the side. Did your Mom have one of those?

Janet Rudolph said...

Bobbi, no hand crank, but I remember the white and black stand mixer. It was electric.