Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Whoopie Pie Pan from Williams-Sonoma

I've blogged about Whoopie Pies here and here, now Williams-Sonoma is selling a specific Whoopie Pie pan! I haven't had a problem making them by hand, but build a better mousetrap? Maybe.

According to the Williams-Sonoma Catalogue (online), the pan is designed with shallow wells to bake a dozen round cakes that pair together to make the tops and bottoms for six 2 3/4" diameter whoopie pies. Constructed of heavy-gauge aluminized steel, the pan features the signature Goldtouch™ ceramic-reinforced nonstick surface. Cakes bake evenly and release effortlessly every time. 14" x 10 1/2" x 1/2" high. A Williams-Sonoma exclusive. $24.95

There are actually lots of other chocolate uses for this odd pan including muffins and cookies. This is a Chocolate Blog, so I'm only thinking chocolate here, but if you get creative, you can make other foods in individual portions. But the real question is Do You Need this? I just have so much room. I like all the unique bundt pans Williams-Sonoma sells, and the Brownie Pan is great especially if you like your brownies with a crunchy outside. Sadly, I don't have these pans since I never have enough storage. So for the few times a year I make whoopie pies, I'll have to resort to the old fashioned way of dropping them onto a cookie sheet. I kind of like their misshapen appearance. But if you MUST have this, go for it! I must say that the Williams-Sonoma photo of stacked Whoopie Pies with piped filling is very cool.

2 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

What a cool pan!!! Williams-Sonoma usually has nifty products that I can't use. Although, I have managed to buy quite a bit from them over the years. This pan sure is unique, however, I must save room for my new Kitchen-Aid and/or food processor. Counter space is still a commodity in a larger kitchen.

Thanks for sharing, Janet...

Janet Rudolph said...

This pan is relatively flat, so it's easier to store. The bundt pans I cover are odd shapes, and, I, too, have limited space. Finally have my KitchenAid out and ready.